We specialise in beautiful kitchens that make cooking safe and enjoyable again. If you are a disabled or older person who wants to regain your independence at home, download our free Accessible Kitchens Guide today!
Download Our Free Accessible Kitchens Guide!
Design Matters is a family-run business with over 30 years experience in kitchen design, specialising for 25 years in kitchens for clients who are older or have a disability. We design and supply both standard AND accessible kitchens so we can suggest the best products and design solutions for you, with built-in flexibility for the future. Our designer is a wheelchair user with a spinal injury, who has designed accessible kitchens for clients affected by a wide variety of impairments including arthritis, hypermobility syndrome, cerebral palsy, acquired brain injury, multiple sclerosis, spina bifida, post-polio syndrome, restricted growth, thalidomide, impaired vision, amputation and spinal injury.
Our team creates high quality, accessible kitchens for disabled people with all the style that you would expect from a standard kitchen. Not convinced? Look at our portfolio of standard kitchens. Then compare them with our gorgeous accessible kitchens. Can you tell the difference? Shouldn’t all accessible kitchens look as stunning as these? We can include a wide range of special design features to make your kitchen safer, for example the kitchen featured above was designed for a client who experienced traumatic injury and became a wheelchair user. Everything has been designed to make a bad day a better day, including soft touch handles, remote control extractor hood, push away oven doors and appliances with touch controls.
The Design Matters difference:
- Safe, durable kitchens, designed to last a lifetime
- Hidden inclusive design features that make every kitchen a pleasure to use
- State of the art Computer Aided Design service that will bring your kitchen to life
- Experienced design team
- Full service with Project Management as standard
- Special VAT terms for disabled people
- All payments insured by the KBSA consumer protection scheme, for added peace of mind
- Installation teams DBS checked, insured and properly qualified
- Our work regularly vetted by the KBSA and Trustmark
- References available in our showroom
- Aftersales helpline, and friendly staff
Download our free guide today, then call us to chat through your requirements, without obligation.
This is what our customers say about us:
‘From start to finish we felt we had come to the right company.
We now have an amazing kitchen, perfectly adapted to our needs.’